Sunday, June 27, 2010

Best Decision I Ever Made

Was getting married 20 years ago. 20 years. That seems like such a long time but it doesn't seem like its been that long. I'd like another 50 with him.

We went out for a fantastic dinner last night at Jens'- with cab rides to and from the hotel; spent the night in a lovely king room thanks to 3 young Korean men who were not excited about the prospect of sharing a king sized bed & happily took our double; then hung out at Barnes & Noble this morning with coffee and pastries for breakfast. We were glad to get back home to the kids (who all behaved for Miss V- not one phone call!) but the time alone was fantastic.

My other great anniversary gift, aside from time alone and being totally spoiled, was from GG. That Ice Blue Kitchenaid I was coveting? It arrived on my doorstep with a meat grinder. Its beautiful! Once I am really recovered from my not-so-great anniversary gift (a kidney infection) I'm going to make the rest of our hog into sausages and lay in a store of baked goodies for soccer snacks, lunches, and breakfasts. Thank you!


Before HM and I went off on our very quiet evening, we took some of the kids and went to the Alaska Highland Games. I suspect the pipe and drum band is in our future. We were also excited to learn that there is a Scottish Country Dance club here. We've done English Country Dance before and Miss V likes it a lot. I am a hopeless clutz but I enjoy the music and I enjoy watching it and I am willing to learn more as long as I don't have to wear stays. The HRG was absent which was a disappointment to those members of the family who are sorely missing playacting from different times but Miss V emailed and, we hope, will hear from them soon. There are rumors of some 18th Century activities to coincide with Independence Day celebrations here and we certainly have all the clothes!

No comments: