Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Yarn envy

My mantra: I will not buy more yarn! I will not buy more yarn! I will not buy more yarn!

I have to say it a lot since Laura clued me in to the fact that there is a local yarn shop and it also has felting fiber and it is fabulous. I'm determined to finish the projects I already have yarn for before I spend money I don't have on gorgeous new yarn. The biggest problem of the moment is that I hate the way the yarn I'm working with feels. It's Candide & has a lot of vegetable matter in it and is so much rougher than my beloved Brown Sheep bulky. However, I bought several Christmas stocking kits on sale a few years ago and they need to be finished. It's not a big savings if you buy things on half off and then never use them! the biggest problem with my grand plan for self discipline and austerity is that I really do not understand the instructions for doing the heel, I've never done a heel, and I'm going to need to go to the yarn shop for help. I'm going to have to leave all cash, cards, and check books at home.

 (Image from www.spinblessing.com- they carry all the kits I have and then some!)

So I will finish the stockings, use my other project yarn, make my dad's Christmas gift, and then and only then will I feel free to covet new fiber. I really want to make myself some felted boots for this winter. Badly. And the gecko mittens I found today.  And some felted insulated carry bags for the kids' tiffins. And, And, And...

so much yarn, so little time.

No comments: