Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bulk Food Ordering Update

Our first order has been delivered! It was quite the learning experience for me and there were some bumps along the way. Happily, all the grains for the Kindergarten classes arrived as ordered and most of the stuff mislaid by the shipper was mine. If I'm very lucky, they will have found it and it will be on a truck out tomorrow. I'm going to be really upset if my pickling cucumbers go bad before they find them and get them to me!

My gingergold apples are tasty but the peaches really stole the show. They are so sweet and juicy.

The next ordering window will begin September 13 and end at 10 AM September 17th. Food will leave the warehouse on Sept 21st and should arrive for delivery on the 28th of September. They charge your card the day it ships from the warehouse! Shipping came in a little lower than expected this time but please figure $.35 per pound just in case. The shipping charge is paid to me the day prior to delivery so that I can pay the driver.

3 comments:

Laura said...

oh the heavenly peaches...and raspberries-made a QUAD batch o' jam and now I out of pectin-my mom is grabbing some in Anchorage tomorrow :)
did you get yours? And will they be tracking down my berries?

Steph said...

Berry tracking has commenced- a nice man named Frank called me today after being forwarded my email. I want my cukes...no pectin here.

Nicole said...

Thank you so much for heading this up for us Steph! I am on it for this order! :)